Wednesday, April 25, 2007

"From Dusk Till Dawn" & "Dead Calm" RARE & UNRELEASED SCORES!


Howdy Folks! Here is a another fun & special exclusive treat for you: The "From Dusk Till Dawn" & "Dead Calm" RARE & UNRELEASED SCORES by Graeme Revell! I know these tracks may be out there somewhere, but if this is the 1st time you have come across (especially "FDTD") these fine scores then it makes me happy that I can give them to you! You know, I just love the film "From Dusk Till Dawn". It is so much fun without one single boring moment. I didn't quite appreciate how great it was back in 1996 when I saw it in the theatre. It has become one of my all time favorites now. It sure is nice to have this awesome score now as well as the cool soundtrack, eh? "Dead Calm" was a pretty disturbing flick back when it came out with the twisted Billy Zane. That may be more of a nightmare than FDTD! It's funny, I just watched "Critters" a few weeks ago for the 1st time since I was a kid and realized the teenage boyfriend in it was Billy Zane. I was so young at the time that I remember thinking his character was a cool older guy and I wanted to be like him - classic!
In "From Dusk Till Dawn" I can relate to The "Gecko Bros", having grown up with one older brother myself. Also, over the last few years I've learned a great deal about folks with mental illnesses, old wounds, pharmaceuticals, and just how crazy EVERY human mind is and its' struggle with the lonliness of a person in their sole, flesh containment. I've met siblings of some folks with strong similarities with "Richie Gecko" (not the homicide of course) and can see how his bro Seth tried all he could to give him some sort of peace in life, while battling to keep his own head straight. I also like Seth's mannerisms & sensibilites (much how George Clooney seems like) and of course the film is a classic! Right after I wrote this I'm now adding I just found out that George's birthday is May 6th - mine is May 3rd so no wonder I feel similar personality traits.
Santanico Pandemonium: "Welcome to slavery."
Seth Gecko: "No thanks, I already had a wife", and then he annihilates her ass.

Anyway, although FDTD had 2 sequels, the 1st one stands on it's own to me. I like that we don't know what became of "Seth Gecko" livin' as a free & hopefully not-to emotionally haunted man.

Hunt for the hidden link to the scores & enjoy people!
ATTENTION: This linked has been re-upped 1-5-2008!

4 comments:

phelpster said...

Good stuff, thanks for sharing! Look forward to checking them both out once the download finishes.

Vinnie Moltisanti said...

Man, your comments are like icy on the cake! Your blog is terrific, you can count on that! And thank you very very much for these scores of movies that I like so much. I'll always be your constant visitor now that i found your blog! Keep up the excellent job and once again thanks for sharing! :-)

LaraQ said...

A couple of great scores and great finds. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Hey - not sur eif you are still checking this post. I am very excited about finally getting these soundtracks - I have over 350 myself. But I'm having a hard time getting the files unzipped. Any tips? Peace and thanks, Gary