Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Omega Man score 1971



Hi all! I hope some of you have visited and downloaded my 1st share file of the "Modern Problems" theme song. I have a bad flu and I'm sick as a dog (what does that mean anyway?) as I post this. Now, here is a very special treat for you. This is the out-of-print score to the epic 1971 film "The Omega Man" starring the immortal Charlton Heston. This cd release was very limited at 3,000 pressed and I got it right after it came out in the early 2000s. It is very expensive to get your hands on one - now I am passing this wonderful score on to you for free.
One of my favorite and one of the greatest books ever written is "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson - one of the greatest fiction writers of all time (his son, Richard Christian Matheson is also a great writer). The book was made into the movie "The Last Man On Earth" starring Vincent Price in 1964 (the film that inspired "Night Of The Living Dead"). The character's name of Robert Neville was changed to Dr. Robert Morgan. This is a great film. Then, another great film from the book was made in 1971 - "The Omega Man". The character's name is the same as in the book.
So, we have two of the greatest actors of all time each playing the role of Robert Neville. Now, in 2007, the film "I Am Legend" will come out appallingly starring Will Smith (Arnold Schwarzenegger was originally supposed to play the role in this remake). Let's see: Vincent Price, Charlton Heston, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Will Smith - something at the end of that grouping seems way out of place. Remember how Smith put a skid mark stain on the epic "The Wild Wild West" TV series character of Jim West in that stupid movie from 1999? Let's see: Robert Conrad, Will Smith... ARGHH! (see my post thoughts about "I Am Legend" below)
Anyway, read the book, see the first two films, and enjoy this beautiful score from "The Omega Man" composed by Ron Granier and reminisce at all of Neville's dealings with "The Family" and his solitary struggle as the last man on earth. The link is embedded in a pic above. Enjoy!
ATTENTION! 1-3-2008: I just re-upped this link and... Update: THE WRITERS DID A NICE JOB WITH "I AM LEGEND" - IT WAS COOL! WILL SMITH WAS SO-SO IN IT. - Jason

11 comments:

Sallie Neal said...

Wow- Jason, thanks for your comment!

I'm glad you enjoyed Oklahoma. In all of the places I've been, I feel like Oklahoma has some of the kindest people there is.

I will definitely link your blog on mine. I'm glad that you've started your own blog- it's awesome!

I will be a regular here. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

Looks like you're off to a great start, Jason! I'll add you to OST Hub.

Keep up the good work!

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Jason, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you've been enjoying it. It's great to see you've started your own and joined the soundtrack sharing community.

I have added you to my Links section.

Hjalmar Poelzig said...

Looks nifty so far, Jason....but when are you going to post more (and more regularly)? Interested ins eeing what you have.

Jason said...

Hi Vince. Thanks for the comment and the input. You are right about the profanity (and you don't have to give a reason not to dig it)- it is not neccesary and if there is any more on following postings it would be at a bare minimum if at all. Take care and be sure to check back at least a couple of times a week for some new music posted.

Jason

MadVinyl said...

Hi,

Am I missing somethig really stupid here - how do I actually go about downloading the score?

Thanks.

Jason said...

Hi MadVinyl. I just re-upped this link! Take care.

Jason

Kieran Lombard said...

Thank so much Jason for uploading such a brilliant score (Omega Man), I just finished watching the film again and thought to myself 'wow I forgot how could the music is, where can I buy this?'....well I quickly found out that the only copies left where on ebay for $200! Greetings From Dublin! K.

Nawel said...

Thanks a lot for this. It was very hard to find. Apparently the original version is out of print.

Thanks again

Anonymous said...

I sold mine a few years ago, when I needed cash, so thank you for reupping this one. I'd love to find the orginal Vincent Price version for LAST MAN ON EARTH. The soundtrack was isolated on the laserdisc ( also letterboxed and remastered - only time I've EVER seen a clean copy) . I never copied that laserdisc score - and miss it . Anyone have it ? I do have a copy of SHOGUN ASSASSIN I ripped from my vinyl however.

Anonymous said...

I like to be watchful for new of ancient movies that encourage my imagination, so nothing less than taking a careful look at these blogs so I can learn a little bit of the art of the seventh art. I barely remember a movie in which there was a guy that had a tablet of Kamagra Jelly in his hand after the camera cut to a close up.