Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"Big Trouble In Little China" score from 1986


Here is another superb score by John Carpenter from one of his best films: "Big Trouble In Little China". This score is with his multi-album collaborator Alan Howarth. I saw this movie at the theatre with my parents in 1986. I had already loved John Carpenter's movies as a young child at that point and when I saw this film, it kind of threw me. I didn't understand the comedy in it, as it very much is in an almost slapstick way. Yet as I got older, I realized the masterpiece of comedy, eerieness, mysteriousness and of course great action all wrapped up in one. All of the supernatural & creature elements make it fill out perfectly. This movie is so much fun that I could watch it over and over again. Jack Burton is an awesome character - he kicks ass and likes to goof around, and he makes his own path. This stellar score rules along with the Coupe De Villes (John & his buddies) tracks. There are some bonus tracks from Alan Howarth & 1 from "Escape From New York". Enjoy!
ATTENTION!: This file has just been re-uped 2-27-2009!

6 comments:

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Excellent post Jason. I was just thinking I need to request this from someone, I've been looking for it for some time.

phelpster said...

Thanks for sharing this, and for the comment you left on my Summer School post. Good to know you're still posting, and still visiting my site. Big Trouble is my second favorite JC movie after The Thing, so I appreciate you sharing the music. If you haven't seen it you gotta check out the Coup De Villes music video. Possibly the funniest music video ever made and I don't entirely think that's what they were going for.

Oh yeah, have you had any luck getting that Tuesday Knight tape digitized? No rush if you haven't, I just totally forgot about that until just now and didn't want to forget it again. Thanks again for the music and take care.

arcady said...

GREAT MOVIE!!!!!

JR Todd said...

This is great stuff! Thanks for sharing this. I've been looking for this for a while now. It'll take an honored place next to my other John Carpenter sound tracks.

juanjoses said...

gracias friends

Odysseas Olympios said...

The link from www.mediafire.com

does not work...it says...

Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.